Urethroplasty after male to female vaginoplasty


Do Dr.Reed work with United Healthcare Medical Insurance for reconstructive surgery for a URETHROPLAST, I had my SRS already.My insurance said they will cover my surgery depending Dr.states reconstruction surgery & using the right codes.

There is an area on the left that swells and causes my stream to be directed up and to the right.

Thank you,  Aieisha

Dear Aieisha,  We do urethroplasty for patients who have had transgender vaginoplasty very often. While we are not contracted providers with any insurance company, very likely our hospital will accept your insurance which is a big savings for you.  Most likely you have a urethral spongiosum rest and perhaps the opening is also too high.  So I agree you should have a urethroplasty.  Yes, we can provide the proper codes for your insurance company.  The natal female urethra should open below the pubic bone.

Harold M. Reed, M.D.
The Reed Centre for Transgender Surgery – Miami
After photo of urethroplasty in male to female vaginoplasty patient of Dr. Reed

Leave a reply