Dear Dr. Reed, My friend Natalie had surgery with you last year and i writing to seek answers to a few concerns. How long will I have to stay in Miami for the procedure, I live in Dallas? Natalie was pleased with the care and will be accompanying me. She has 2 small labial scars that need revision. Otherwise she is ecstatic as is her boyfriend Jesse. Could you provide a copy of the check-out list you sent her?
Please review our web-site srsMiami with before and after vaginoplasty photos and testimonials.
Plan on staying in Miami for 7 days after surgery and 1 complete day before, because when you are on the bowel prep, you’ll need immediate access to a bathroom.
MTF SURGICAL CHECK OUT LIST (abbreviated for simplicity)
1. 2 Therapy Letters
2. Medical clearance
3. Blood work, Stress EKG, Chest X-ray
4. STOP all Estrogens and Spironolactone as mentioned above, for all MTF surgical procedures including primary vaginoplasty, revisions, orchiectomy, etc. as mentioned in # 20. special pre-operative instructions
5. No aspirin/products
6. Bromelain and Arnica Montana and vitamin C
7. Ted Hose (thigh high anti embolism stockings), advisories, underpads (CVS)
8. Must stay at either Daddy O Hotel, 3 star. Daddy O is located at 9660 E. Bay Harbor Dr, Bay Harbor Islands, FL 33154, one block from our office (305-868-4141). Ask for Courtney. Please make reservations as soon as you obtain a surgical date and specify a room on the ground floor. Some discount is usually given to our patients. Less expensive a tourist class motel Beach Place Hotel at 8601 Harding Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33154 (305) 866-3313. These hotels are the exception to the concept that doctors don’t make house calls anymore.
9. A female friend or loved one to stay with patient
10. A physician must be named to follow you when you return home
11. Bowel prep
12. Fax or mail Rx’s prescriptions
13. Stents (dilators)
14. Electrolysis (see our diagram)
15. Ring (circular) pillow
16. Cotton gown that buttons or snaps in the front
With best wishes for a
complete fulfillment of your goals,
Harold M. Reed, M.D. FICS
Senior Member of the American Urological Association
Member Society of Genito-Urinary Reconstructive Surgeons
Founding Member and Treasurer of American Academy of Phalloplasty Surgeons
Founding Member Sexual Society of North America
International Society for Sexual Medicine, full member