April 15, 2012
My name is Newt and I am a FTM. I have been on hormone therapy for approximately 4 years now. I would like to get the reassignment surgery done, but I would like to get some more information first, please?
Here are my questions:
1) What is the total cost to get the double mastectomy, the hysterectomy, and the penile implant/phalloplasty with urethra extension (for standing urination)?
2) As I was navigating your website, I noticed you offer grant and financing programs for the reassignment surgeries. Could I please get more information on those programs and how they work?
3) I also read a few blogs of people getting ALL of the reassignment surgeries done in once shot. Is this possible and if so, what are the risks and how long would the surgery be to do it all at once?
I have read through your website and I have a few questions about the FTM penile implant?
1) Will I be able to get an erection naturally or will I have to use a pump of sorts?
2) Will I be able to penetrate (this is a must for me, as I’m sure it is for all men)?
3) Will I be able to feel all of the same things as all other “natural” men (sensation and pleasure)?
I have done so much research on this. I’ve done a lot of soul searching and thinking about all of this and this is something I desperately want/need to do. Having the reassignment surgery (as quickly and completely as possible) would solve SO many of my life’s problems.
I want to thank you SO much in advance for taking the time to hear me out and respond to my inquiries.
I await your reply.
April 15, 2012
Good morning Newt,
Thank you for your interest in what we do. Please review the attached. Having simultaneous surgery is never a good idea, more risks and complications, even in he best of hands. Knowing not what to do is as important as knowing what to do.
If there is further interest, I am available for consultation and our fee is 250.
Harold M. Reed, M.D.