For details on the Jim Collins Foundation please see their web-site jimcollinsfoundation.org/
- Applicant must understand the steps that are currently required to undergo the medical process of transition, and must have completed (or have outlined plans to complete) the following steps:
- Secure a letter of support from a licensed medical or mental health professional, such as a psychologist, psychiatrist, social worker, or therapist.
- Select a surgeon who is knowledgeable in transition-related surgeries. If applicant is chosen, the organization assumes this named surgeon is final.
- Identify who will care for and provide support post-surgery.
- If applicant has not completed all of these steps, but is planning to do so, please include your plans in your application.
- Note: If you are selected for funding, the payment will be made directly to the doctor or hospital facility. You must comply with any and all requirements according to the Standards of Care of the World Professional Association for Transgender Health’s (WPATH), formerly known as the (Harry Benjamin International Gender Dysphoria Association, HBIGDA), as determined by your selected surgeon.
- Applicant must demonstrate a genuine need for financial assistance.
- Applicant must detail the efforts they have made to fund-raise and the amount of cost that they will be able to cover on their own.
Currently, Jim Collins Foundation has one grant cycle per year, running April 15th through August 1st.
There is also an ancillary foundation that works with the Jim Collins Foundation. See Krysallis Anne Hembrough Legacy Fund. jimcollinsfoundation.org/krysallis-anne-hembrough-legacy-fund/
Lastly remember Dr. Reed’s office promotion “The First 17 in 2017”. Call the office for details.
Harold M. Reed, M.D.
The Reed Centre for Transgender Surgery – Miami
MTF Vaginoplasty patient fo Dr. Reed